Connect Model Cemented Carbide PCDSE / PCD End Mill
Work size: 10×10(mm)(Cutting Depth: 0.5mm)
Material: Cemented Carbide (92.5HRA)
Cutting time: 21hr 59min
Even if it was a long time Cemented Carbide machining, NS TOOL’s PCD end mill still can achieve high quality finished surface.
• Fine and stable milling surface realized on cemented carbide material.
• Possible to get the nano-level surface roughness required on ultra-high precision machining.
• NS original flute design of cutting edge enabled a strong resistance against wear and chipping.
• Machinable on hard brittle materials such as cemented carbide material and ceramic.
• High adhered diamond coating was selected to achieve long hour milling.
|Cutting process||Roughing||Contour finishing||Bottom finishing|
|Tool||DCMS Φ0.3||PCDSE Φ0.5|
|Depth of cut
|Cutting time||10hr 57min||11hr 2min|
Difference in dimension was ±0.002mm
The surface roughness of side walls and flat surface were Ra17.0nm/Rz96nm and Ra0.7nm/Rz8nm.
In order to reduce the spindle load, using the tool of 0.3 when roughing.